Thursday, April 15, 2010

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something...Pink?

Add Some Colour to Your Wedding Day Look

Considering the name of my blog, an homage to the incredible Sex and The City for those of you a bit out of touch, it won't come as a surprise to you that I absolutely love and I mean LOVE shoes! Be it an incredible $400 pair of Manolo Blahniks, or the latest great find at Winners, there's a place in my closest for them all. Or should I say on my 'wall o shoes' that my wonderful husband created just for me in our basement! So as I flip through the pages of today's bridal mags, I'm thrilled to see that getting creative with your bridal shoe is being encouraged by all.

Traditionally most brides have gone the way of the white satin shoe to match their pretty white dress. But I say, move over tradition, a fantastic pair of Jimmy Choo's are making their way through! Today's bride need not worry about keeping it conservative with her shoe. Today's bride should feel free to throw on any colour or style of shoe she so pleases. And throw in a purse to match while you're at it!

Your bridal shoe can have crystal embellishments, floral accessories, or straps going every which way. Think of it as another way of expressing yourself, your personality, on your wedding day. Personalizing your look with a great pair of shoes will not only make you feel like a million bucks but it'll also contribute to making your day your way, as it should be. You can even get crazy and link in your shoe with your theme. If it's a beach wedding, don't even think twice about throwing on a bedazzled pair of flip flops.

So as you search for your ever so important bridal day attire, remember, pink is ok! No, pink is fantastic!

All the Best!
Kasia

picture courtesy of: www.fashionchicks.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment