Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Trends - Prelude's 2013 Forecast

Let's Go for Bold! 

Wednesday is "Research Day" in this office. It's the day I spend all of my time perusing the web. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and Tumblr and every single one of my fav magazine blogs. I drink a lot of coffee, listen to great music and let myself get inspired.

Because of a new project I'm currently working on (creative design for Weddingstar magazine - whoohooo!) every day is Wednesday this week! :) And so I'm spending a lot of time on this trusty laptop of mine, ohh'ing and ahh'ing over what's hot now and what's up and coming. And as is always the case when working through the creative design process, I allow myself to stare off into space and forecast. Being in forecasting mode, I couldn't resist putting in my two cents on what's in store for the wedding world as we move through this year and into the next. 

For some time now the reigning wedding themes have been some forms of Shabby Chic or Vintage Victorian. And rightfully so. They are both gorgeous design concepts and lend themselves perfectly to the most romantic day a woman will ever experience. Although there's no doubt in my mind that they will forever have a place in weddings for years to come, I'm going to be bold and forecast bold! My prediction is that weddings are going to start getting a lot more daring and fun in their designs. Now more than ever couples will push creativity in how they infuse themselves into their wedding details and the result will undoubtedly mean some serious design personality! Not to mention the addition of a touch of sexy...where there's daring, there's usually sexy. ;) Whether it be retro throw backs or some exciting colour blocked palettes I'm certain that event designers everywhere will all have the pleasure of working on some amazing designs. I personally can't wait! 

So I'll end off with something that has me very inspired at the moment. Pink...Meet edgy. What till you see what this turns into. ;)

alexander mcqueen fall 2012 
photo courtesy of elle.com, imaxtree and matteo volta 

Happy Styling!
Kasia


No comments:

Post a Comment